Linux Essentials Training for the new LPI Linux Essentials certification which is aimed at people coming to Linux and computing for the first time. It lays the foundation knowledge necessary for the LPI Level 1 trainings and up.
LPI identified a gap in the market when it came to bridging users who were coming from a background without adequate knowledge for the LPI certifcation. This exam is not a pre-requisite for LPI level 1-3.
|Linux Essentials Training||Days||Price|
|Linux Essentials Training (LES)||4||R7,000|
|Linux Essentials Exam||Price|
|Linux Essentials Computer Based Test (CBT)||R850|
* Training fees Includes text book, lunch and tea. All Classes start at 09H00-09H30 unless pre-arranged.
Linux Essentials Exam Objectives
- Topic 1:The Linux Community and a Career in Open Source
- 1.1 Linux Evolution and Popular Operating Systems
- 1.2 Major Open Source Applications
- 1.3 Understanding Open Source Software and Licensing
- 1.4 ICT Skills and Working in Linux
- Topic 2: Finding Your Way on a Linux System
- 2.1 Command Line Basics
- 2.2 Using the Command Line to Get Help
- 2.3 Using Directories and Listing Files
- 2.4 Creating, Moving and Deleting Files
- Topic 3: The Power of the Command Line (weight: 10)
- 3.1 Archiving Files on the Command Line
- 3.2 Searching and Extracting Data from Files
- 3.3 Turning Commands into a Script
- Topic 4: The Linux Operating System (weight: 8)
- 4.1 Choosing an Operating System
- 4.2 Understanding Computer Hardware
- 4.3 Where Data is Stored
- 4.4 Your Computer on the Network
- Topic 5: Security and File Permissions (weight: 7)
- 5.1 Basic Security and Identifying User Types
- 5.2 Creating Users and Groups
- 5.3 Managing File Permissions and Ownership
- 5.4 Special Directories and Files
More information on the Linux Essentials objectives can be found at the LPI web site.