Linux Training - We offer professional Linux Training across Africa! Linux Certification is part of Jumping Bean's training division. See our set of training dates for:
- South Africa
- Kenya - Nairobi
- Zambia - Lusaka
- Zimbabwe - Harare
- Ethiopia - Addis Adaba
- Egypt - Cairo
- Other countries on request
Now Offering Linux Security and Virtualisation Training!
We now offer advanced Linux training in security and virtualisation topics. These are part of the LPI Level 3 certification programme but can be taken as separate course should you have sufficient background knowledge and wish to take the course for purposes other than certification.
Upcoming Linux Training Dates (Johannesburg,South Africa)
Please note that the training dates posted on our calendar are subject to change. Please contact us and confirm the dates.
Linux Training - Approved by the Linux Professional Institute
Linux Training by Jumping Bean. We provide classroom based Linux training as well as customised, on-site, training for clients needs. We are a fully accredited Linux Professional Institute (LPI) training partner and our courses are geared toward preparing students for the LPI exams.
The Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC) program is designed to certify the competency of IT professionals using the Linux operating system and its associated tools. It is a distribution neutral certification. The LPIC program consists of three levels of certification: LPIC-1, LPIC-2 and LPIC-3. Jumping Bean provides training for:
- Linux Fundamentals Junior Linux Professional - LPIC-1,
- Intermediate Linux Training - LPIC-2
- Advanced Linux Professional - LPIC-3,
- High Availability Linux Training (Scale Out, load balancing, fail over clustering)
Linux Fundamentals to Advanced Training Courses
Our training course duration and prices are:
|Linux Training Courses||Days||Price|
|Linux Fundamental Crash Course (LPIC 101 & 102)||5||R10,000||$1,000|
|Linux Fundamentals Training (LPI 101) pt1 td>||4||R8,000||$800|
|Linux Fundamentals Training (LPI 102) pt2||4||R8,000||$800|
|Intermediate Linux Training Crash Course (LPIC -2)||5||R13,000||$1,300|
|Intermediate Linux Training (LPIC -201)||4||R9,500||$950|
|Intermediate Linux Training (LPIC -202)||4||R9,500||$950|
|Advanced Linux Training (LPIC -303) Security||5||R 16,000||$1,600|
|Advanced Linux Training (LPIC 304) Clustering/High Availability||5||
* Training fees Includes text book, lunch and tea. All Classes start at 09H00-09H30 unless pre-arranged.
We run after hours or part time course for students with 3 hour classes starting at 15:00 and ending at 18:00 once or twice a week depending on student requirements. This is ideal for corporate who cannot afford to have staff out of the office for 1 or 2 weeks at a time.
For more information please refer to www.linuxcertification.co.za/evening-part-time-after-hours-linux-training
LPI Certification Benefits - Why get Certified?
What are the benefits of Linux certification?
- Establishes your competence for well-defined Linux-related functions
- Easily demonstrates your competence to a potential contractor or employer
- Certification helps you set out and follow a career path
- LPI certification is developed from within the Linux community, by your peers, and gives you the opportunity to help develop the certification standards and exams.
The LPI Certification Program is:
- Designed by a community of Linux professionals, volunteers, vendors and educators
- Challenging: if you don't know the subjects you won't pass
- Accessible and available at thousands of test centres around the world or at special events
- Of high quality: relying on critical input from numerous Linux experts and employing scientific and industry-recognized psychometric processes
- Distribution-neutral: verifying knowledge on any standard Linux system
- Relevant: surveying thousands to determine the skills that need to be tested
- Training-vendor independent: encouraging a variety of methods and approaches to test preparation
- Supported and sponsored by a large number of Linux companies and projects
- A certification the Linux community can respect and be proud of.